You need the best apps for delivery drivers to save time and be more efficient.
For example, you need the best navigation app for delivery drivers to plan and follow the best route and always make on-time deliveries.
You also need the best Android app for delivery drivers to find the lowest fuel prices.
Simply put, you need the best delivery apps for drivers for iPhone and Android to ensure you can keep your delivery promises while finishing your work on time (or even early) to have an excellent work-life balance and keep yourself healthy.
But which apps for delivery drivers should you use? Here are our top picks.
Table of Contents
#1 – Google Maps for Route Planning of up to 10 Stops
Google Maps is undoubtedly the most popular GPS app for delivery drivers.
With the app, you just need to enter a starting point, and the destinations and the Google Maps route planner will show you the route immediately.
There are several benefits to planning routes with Google Maps because of its powerful features, including:
- Offline navigation
- Satellite imagery
- Real-time traffic information
- Voice-guided turn-by-turn directions
- Trip progress sharing
- Integrated Google Assistant
- Indication of the nearest gas stations and parking lots
The best part is that Google Maps is a free app for delivery drivers and is available on Android and iOS devices.
However, the downside is that you can plot a route on Google Maps for only up to 10 stops.
This might not concern you if you’re an independent owner-operator or have a single driver who needs to visit fewer than 10 destinations.
But, it’s not the best delivery app for drivers if you run a medium- to large-scale delivery business with multiple drivers who need to make numerous stops throughout the day.
In that case, you should instead use route optimization software which is one of the best apps for delivery jobs.
#2 – Route4Me Route Planner App for Optimizing Routes with No Limitations
Many GPS navigation apps, including Google Maps, are discussed above. However, you need more than a map that gives you directions. This is why you need Route4Me’s trucking GPS app, one of the best delivery apps for drivers.
Instead of wasting time rearranging addresses in Google Maps or another app like Waze (which is only significant for one or two stops), you should use the Route4Me route planner to plan the best route for unlimited stops.
Route4Me’s multi-stop route planner works with Google Maps, Apple Mapps, and Waze to allow you to use the navigation system your drivers are comfortable with or the one you, as manager or dispatcher insist on being used.
With Route4Me’s package delivery app, you just need to upload the list of addresses in the software, set some parameters, and hit optimize.
The map route planner will then provide you with well-optimized routes with accurate directions to work for last-mile drivers. And it does all this in just 30 seconds!
RouteMe’s delivery route planner app even factors in weather conditions, traffic congestion, roadblocks, delivery time windows, vehicle load capacities, left turns, and more to avoid getting stuck on the road.
Features and Benefits of Route4Me’s Route Optimization Software
Here’s a quick list of the features and benefits offered by Route4Me’s route optimization software:
- Is available on both Android and iOS devices.
- Offers driver breaks to reduce fatigue and improve productivity.
- Comes with a Dynamic Directed Fueling Optimization™ feature that directs your vehicle to the closest and cheapest location to replenish fuel or any other resource needed.
- Offers eSignaure for digital proof-of-delivery.
- Provides GPS tracking to avoid vehicle theft and ensure safety. Learn the top ten benefits of GPS tracking.
- Comes with an “Add Note” feature to leave notes and delivery instructions to avoid confusion. You can note essential information, such as buzzer numbers, gate codes, and special instructions detailing when and where to leave packages.
- Allows you to take pictures of the delivered items and then share them with customers to ensure no-contact delivery.
- Offers barcode scanning to help you scan the barcodes on the orders during pick-up and delivery. The information is then automatically updated on the system. It makes racking parcels easy in case of discrepancies.
- Comes with a customer alerts and notification feature to inform customers when their packages are out for delivery or near their locations.
Here are six benefits of delivery management software.
#3 – MyFitnessPal App for Delivery Drivers for Healthy Eating and Exercise
Driving involves a lot of sitting, so it’s essential to figure out a way to move regularly. Plus, what you eat impacts how you feel too.
Therefore, healthy eating choices are paramount to gaining the energy needed to get through those long days of driving.
You don’t want to miss out on having meals on time or not eating correctly when on the road all day long. This is where MyFitnessPal could be of immense help.
MyFitnessPal is a popular app for delivery drivers that can help with healthy eating and exercise. You can use it to monitor the food you eat and your activity.
The courier driver app also has tons of resources, such as a comprehensive list of activities to encourage movement and easy recipes for healthy meals and snacks.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the features and benefits offered by MyFitnessPal:
- Comes with a database of more than 11 million foods, including their calorie count, nutrition information, and serving size.
- Allows you to scan barcodes, save recipes and meals, and use Quick Tools for fast and easy food tracking.
- Comes with the world’s largest fitness community (as they claim) for tips, advice, and support round the clock.
- Allows you to connect MyFitnessPal with over 50 apps.
- Is available on both Android and iOS devices.
#4 – Toilet Finder to Find Public Bathrooms
You or your drivers might be in a vehicle all day long, but you still need bathroom breaks at regular intervals to avoid making emergency stops that could mess up your route.
Luckily, Toilet Finder, a must-have app for delivery drivers, can quickly help find nearby public toilets. It’s even free to use but does come with ads.
Toilet Finder is a crowdsourced independent driver app with around 50,000 contributors adding new public toilets and informing the developers when any public restrooms are nearby.
Below are some of the features and advantages of the Toilet Finder app:
- Comes with a database of over 150,000 toilets across 180 countries.
- Comes with an intelligent assistant. You just need to say “Hello” to trigger the GPS, and the app will find a public toilet near you.
- Allows you to find free toilets and those accessible to disabled persons.
- Comes with a rating system.
- Is available on both Android and iOS devices and has over 1.5 million downloads.
Long story short, the Toilet Finder app makes regular bathroom breaks a breeze.
#5 – GasBuddy App for Delivery Drivers for Finding Cheap Gas Prices
One of the most significant regular expenses for delivery drivers is fuel. GasBuddy is one of the popular apps for delivery drivers that helps find the best fuel prices at nearby gas stations to save money on fuel.
It’s a crowdsourced app that asks users to enter the prices they pay at the pump. It then lists the gas stations in your area to help your drivers find the one with the lowest price.
Here’s a quick list of some of the critical features and benefits of the GasBuddy app:
- Offers exclusive deals, rewards, and fun challenges to help users win free gas.
- Is available on both Android and iOS devices.
- Provides a free GasBuddy fuel card that helps drivers save up to 25¢ per gallon.
- Helps you find and sort gas stations by price and location.
- Tracks driving habits and offer tips and tricks to help drivers use less gas.
- Allows drivers to track their gas use and export the log for taxes and reimbursement.
- Allows you to add your vehicle to the GasBuddy app to get automatic notifications when a new recall is issued.
#6 – WhatsApp for Messaging and Video Calling
You or your drivers may miss family while out on the road. It’s pretty natural to feel lonely, which can be detrimental to health and lead to physical ailments and depression.
WhatsApp is a valuable tool for keeping in touch with family and friends. Of course, it can be used to communicate with employers and other drivers. Although you should avoid texting while driving, it is crucial to stay in touch.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the features of WhatsApp that can be useful for drivers:
- Simple and reliable messaging app
- End-to-end encrypted chats allow to share messages, images, videos, and documents securely
- Drivers can make audio and video calls without any charges
- Available on both Android and iOS devices
#7 – Headspace for Mindfulness
It’s crucial to stay focused on the road. And that’s only possible when you keep yourself healthy and happy. It’s not enough to have physical exercise. Mental exercise is equally important.
Headspace can take the stress out of your mind and help you manage complex situations. It comes with all the necessary tools for meditating to reduce anxiety and get a good sleep. You can take a quick break for meditation between your schedules to feel better and motivated throughout your journey.
Headspace claims it makes you feel 14% less stressed in just 10 days. It is available on Android and iOS devices and comes with a 14-day free trial. The monthly subscription costs $12.99. And the annual subscription comes at $69.99.
Final Words About the Apps for Delivery Drivers
You need to balance good driving with speedy deliveries. And, if you plan your routes efficiently, you’ll earn more money, while your drivers will have less stress and have better job satisfaction.
The best delivery driver apps will help you find the best routes, save money on gas, ensure sufficient breaks, and manage any on-road challenges easily.
With our guide to the best apps for delivery drivers (which works for Walmart delivery drivers and UPS delivery drivers), you’ll save time, and your drivers will be on their way safely and return home at the end of the day feeling satisfied.